They say in our Looper World – “don’t schedule visitors, they will get you in trouble when you have to be at a certain place by a certain date !”
Well, we learned a lot from AGLCA and all the other Loopers, but we didn’t listen to the words of advice, about NOT scheduling visitors – and we are glad that we did not !
By far, the best part of The Loop for us, was sharing it with Family & Friends back home.
We thank all of our loyal blog readers, about 175 of you now.
But we thank even more – the folks who took time out of their busy “working” schedules, took vacations days, and spent a lot of money – to come and visit us while Looping.
We wish to celebrate their time spent with us, in the “Gettin’ Looped Records” listed below.
We plan on sending a note in to the head of the AGLCA Organization, Kim Russo.
We want to establish the benchmark for “Visitors While Looping”.
We will challenge other Loopers to Beat Our Mark.
We want to challenge the AGLCA thought of ” don’t schedule visitors”.
So here we go with our Looping Visitors Stats
Note , this only includes Family & Friends, not the hundreds of cool people we met along the way.
1. Total # of Friend & Family Visitors = 93
2. Total # Visitors who spent the night at least 3 nights = 36
3. Record for Most Nights Aboard Getting’ Looped = The Spraggs (31 nights).
3A. Most Nights Spent Aboard – Honorable Mention
> Ashley Murphree & Dave Lyman (17 nights)
> Ken Murphree & Carla D’Arca (16 nights)
> Dave/Ginger Hinman (12 nights)
> Brenda Baldwin (10 nights)
4. Record for Most Visits
> Ken Murphree & Carla D’Arca , 4 Visits – Chicago, Alabama, Key West, Tobermory
4A. Most Visits – Honorable Mention (3 Visits)
> Dave Vrabel/Carol Perotta (3 visits) – Algonac, Fort Myers Beach, Fort Lauderdale
> Ashley Murphree & Dave Lyman (3 visits) – Frankfort, Fort Myers, Erie Canal
> Brian Agar (3 visits) – Caseville, Mackinac, Charlevoix
5. Getting’ Looped Visitors Record for Most Alcohol Consumed = The Hinman’s
5A. Gettin’ Looped Record for most days with Rain = The Hinman’s (root cause of #5).
6. Getting’ Looped Visitors Record for Most Nights at Anchor = Kenny & Carla (2)
7. Near Misses = Eric & Nancy Deloney near Nashville.
The Visitors Log
* Algonac Michigan = Dave Vrabel, Carol Perotta, Rich/Anita Cook, & Dave/ Shelly Herzog
* Lexington Michigan = Ron/Sue Grobbel, Mike/Katie, Eric/Nancy Deloney, Ken/Kathy Luckovitzs, Brian Agar
* Presque Isle = Aunt Angie, Kathy/Dan Serre, Ken, Brenda, Joe, Dan, Megan, Pappie James
* Beaver Island = Doug Edgar & Sharolyn Hun
* Bay Harbor / Charlevoix = Shannon/Scott Knight, Brian Agar
* Frankfort to Ludington Michigan = Ashley Murphree & Dave Lyman
* Michigan City Indiana = Tony/Julie Chesney
* Chicago = Ken Murphree & Carla D’Arca
* St Louis = Jake Baldwin & 1st Mate Mollie
* Rogersville Alabama to Grand Harbor @ Pickwick Lake = Ken Murphree (2) & Carla D’Arca (2)
* Apalachicola Florida = Dom/Lara Ronzello & Kids
* Clearwater Florida to Fort Myers Beach = Rich/Anita Cook
* Fort Myers Beach = the kids – Ashley & Dave (2) , Dan & Megan !
* Fort Myers Beach = Doug Edgar (2) & Sharolyn Hun (2)
* Fort Myers Beach = Dave/Michele Sylver
* Fort Myers Beach to Marco Island to Key West = = Sister Brenda Baldwin (10 days)
* Fort Myers Beach to Marco Island Florida = Dave Vrabel (2), Carol Perotta (2), Eric/Laura Vrabel
* Key West = Sister Paula & Michael Cairns
* Key West = Ron/Michelle Kline
* Key West = Pat/Jenny Haggerty
* Key West = Ken Murphree (3) & Carla D’Arca (3)
* Key West = Jerry/Lori Scheller , Rick/Linda Spragg
* Key West to Miami Florida (The Florida Keys !) = Rick/Linda Spragg (1 month)
* Key West = Pat/Emily Morin
* Islamorada Florida = Dave/Michele Sylver (2)
* Hollywood Florida = Chris Vrabel & Susan Thomas, Joe/Francine Grace
* Hollywood Florida = Cindee Silorey & Dawn Walsh
* Fort Lauderdale Florida = Dave Vrabel (3) & Carol Perotta (3), Dean & Jodee Johnson
* Cocoa Village Florida = Al & Roberta McMillan
* Charleston South Carolina = Randy/Sherie/Garett/Erin Eschels
* Georgetown South Carolina to Beaufort North Carolina = Dave/Ginger Hinman (12 days)
* Solomons Island to St Michaels Maryland = Dave/Deb Noffert
* Croton on the Hudson New York = Adam/Patti Silorey
* Croton on the Hudson to Sylvan Beach New York = Ashley Murphree (3) & Dave Lyman (3)
* Tobermory Ontario = Ken Murphree (4) & Carla D’Arca (4)
* Presque Isle Michigan – Gold Burgee Ceremony = Kathy/Dan Serre (2), Aunt Angie (2), Brent Serre, & Jerry/Deena Luck
Bonus Material – Friends of Family & Friends, who acted as our Local Tour Guides !
* Fort Lauderdale Florida = Doug O’Brecht & Sandra Savinelli (friends of Carol Perotta)
* St. Augustine Florida = Bryan & Kim Hinman (nephew of Dave Hinman)
* St. Augustine Florida = Bob & Marjorie Stoker (uncle of Chris Stoker/Elliot)
* River Link Park New York (Erie Canal) = Jeff Dardozzi (Ashley’s friend)
* Tobermory Ontario = Gary Merely Popiel (Uncle/Aunt of Karen/Dave Walters)
* Tobermory Ontario = Curtis Lyons (cousin of Karen/Dave Walters)
Hope we didn’t miss anybody ???
Note – we really apologize to the blog readers who are folks that we met along the way. There are so many of you, it would be very difficult to list all, without missing someone. The List of Friends & Family from Detroit was hard enough.
> Future Loopers – A discussion about The Hardest things about Looping, and things we would do differently if we ever went again.