Exumas – Key Largo to Bimini -Delayed Departure

Hey Blog Followers,

Jonell & I drove from Fort Myers to Key Largo yesterday, to join Jerry & Deena Luck, on our adventure to The Exuma Islands.

Today, Friday March 31st was supposed to be our departure to Bimini Bahamas, then on the The Exumas.

Unfortunately, the weather gods were not with us today and high east winds will delay our departure, probably until Sunday Apr 2nd.

You can see below the Windfinder Pro Forecast.
There are 2 charts ; one for today Friday Mar 31st & one for Sun Apr 2nd.
The Top line of each chart shows wind/wave forecast – Day by Day.
The lines below show the wind/wave forecast – Hour by Hour
You can see that the wind on Friday is 20-25mph east wind.
You can see the wind on Sunday is under 10mph out of the south.
Note = North wind (north to south) is worst for crossing the Gulf Stream

Hopefully we will cross to Bimini on Sunday, spend 2 days on Bimini (85 miles), 1 night at Chub Cay (90 miles), then on to Nassau Bahamas (40 miles), the The Exumas – Highborne Cay.

We anticipate our next post on Monday (4/3).

Mike, Jonell, Jerry, Deena

3 thoughts on “Exumas – Key Largo to Bimini -Delayed Departure

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s