Rainy day in Grand Haven today, good time for a blog update !
Grand Haven was an awesome city. Much larger than some of the previous smaller towns of Frankfort & Leland. Grand Haven proudly displays its “Coast Guard City USA” designation, an honorary designation by the CG intended to recognize civilian communities of special importance to the U.S. Coast Guard.
They also advertise their winter friendliness with heated sidewalks within a 3 block radius of the downtown .
So much to do, the city features many touristy things to do and see, here is the list of the 15 things Jonell and I saw & did !
1. Bike rides along the very long Grand River boardwalk, the downtown, and the Beach at the Grand Haven State Park (& Beach).
2. Went on the Trolley Car
3. Ate Corndogs at the Grand Haven famous “Pronto Pups Corndog Stand”
4. Had dinner at famous “Snug Harbor” on the Grand River and watched a large freighter pass.
5. Went to the Eternal Flame Veterans Memorial.
6. Had Burritos at the Grand Haven famous “Butch’s Beach Burritos Stand”
7. Pierre Marquette Railroad Museum
8. Coffee & Awesome Cinnamon Rolls at the Grand Haven famous “Morning Star Café”
9. Went to the South Pier Lighthouse.
10. Rode bikes and looked at houses/churches, Parks, etc
11. Biked to Charter Boat Row (Trolley guy says -largest Fleet in one spot in Michigan ?)
12. Watched 2 outdoor bands, free waterfront entertainment – nice !
Band #2 ; Waterfront entertainment on a Wednesday night, supposed to be another band tonight
Click on the link = https://youtu.be/P9n49qsSn8w
13. Nellie got her nails all prettied up at the Nail Haven (lots of shops here end in the word “Haven”).
14. Ate dinner at the Grand Haven famous Kirby House (3 restaurants & a nightclub).
15. But the best touristy treat was watching the Grand Haven Musical Fountain/Light Show. The show is a mini Bellagio fountain display which happened across the river, up in the hills, DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM OUR BOAT SLIP !
Click on the video link = https://youtu.be/g4ERKssT0Og